This module approaches this topic from the perspective of the interface between philosophy and religion, covering two major themes:
- Great ideas of philosophy
- Philosophy of religion
Videos are provided as supplemental material for each study period (1-5).
This revision of the course represents a merger of the older PHI-400 and PHI-410.
- Credit value: 3 (US standard) | 5 (ECTS standard)
- Indicative duration (full time): 2-3 weeks
- Indicative duration (part time): 4-6 week
- Certificate: Yes
Academic Guidelines (HQ version)
Academic Guidelines (most recent version even if unofficial)
Student Orientation Guidelines (most recent version even if unofficial)
Zotero instructions for EUCLID students
- Discuss majors ideas and figures of philosophy, with a focus on Aristotle, Plato, and Aquinas
- Discuss key concepts associated with the field of study known as “philosophy of religion”
- Discuss how theology interfaces with philosophy
- Express arguments in favor and against the use of philosophy in Christian theology.
- Great ideas of philosophy (Daniel Robinson)
- Six Ways Theology Uses Philosophy (David Foster)
- An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion (Davies Brian)
- A Companion to Philosophy of Religion (Philip Quinn)
- Toward analytic theology (Georg Gasser)