– Conflict Assessment
– Conflict Prevention
– Negotiation Guidelines
– Mediation Skills
– Gender Issues
– Peace Education.The overall objectives of this course are:
– To understand the root causes of conflict
– To understand the difference between conflict prevention, conflict management, mediation, and conflict resolution
– To know conflict resolution methods and guidelines
– To have acquired a broad understanding of related issues such as gender issues and peace education.
Upon completion of this course, the student is expected to able to:
have acquired a clear understanding of what ‘Mediation and Conflict Resolution’ is all about as a discipline. The course thus provides a broad overview and a preparation for further studies.