MBA-ECO: Economics Module
This module allows students with a basic knowledge of economics (or who may not have had a recent exposure to the field) to experience an intense crash course covering:
– History of Economic Theory
– Principles of Micro and Macro Economics using a classing under-graduate textbook
– Economic history of the United States
– “Austrian” economics
– Current issues.
At this end of course, the student should be able to:
- Discuss global economics, both in terms of phenomena and underlying theoretical explanations, at the graduate level.
- Explain the enduring contribution of the great economists and to articulate the fundamental differences between the various political perspectives on economic theory.
- Write a compelling major paper dealing with a significant economic issue, using suitable references to support his/her analysis and arguments.