INT-ANDRA: Andragogy Course Certification
This course is designed to offer a certification-level to instructors involved in delivering online courses, as well as administrators, curriculum developments, LMS specialists, and support staff.
Andragogy training is increasingly becoming a training requirement for faculty members working for high-level higher education institutions seeking compliance with IQA standards.
This course also builds on EUCLID’s experience delivering online courses and programs to its specific population of students.
- Credit value: 3 (US standard) | 5 (ECTS standard)
- Indicative duration (full time): 2-3 weeks
- Indicative duration (part time): 4-6 week
- Certificate: Yes
This course is based on standard EUCLID methodology. Students may refer to the following resources:
Academic Guidelines (HQ version)
Academic Guidelines (most recent version even if unofficial)
Student Orientation Guidelines (most recent version even if unofficial)
Zotero instructions for EUCLID students
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Provide at least two definitions of andragogy
- Refer to at least two background elements related to the concept
- Give at least two examples of a utilization of andragogy in modern schools
- Remember at least two major statements about andragogy
- Enumerate more than two positive aspects of andragogy
- Sort out more than two negative aspects of andragogy
- Enumerate more than two positive aspects of pedagogy
- Sort out more than two negative aspects of pedagogy
- Discover three or more reasons to choose andragogy over pedagogy
- Discuss quality assurance in adult learning
- Discuss EUCLID specific practices and methods.
Course material is provided in PDF format.
A recommended supplemental resource is:
APPRECIATIVE ANDRAGOGY: Taking the Distance Out of Distance Learning
by Dr. Bruce Johnson