EDU-ELT: E-learning tools
This course provides an overview and basic training on the most commonly used e-learning software tools such as Captivate, Articulate, and iSpring. The student will be expected to understand the features and to achieve the necessary level of mastery to develop a basic course.
- Credit value: 3 (US standard) | 6 (ECTS standard)
- Indicative duration (full time): 4-6 weeks
- Indicative duration (part-time): 5-8 week
- Certificate: Yes
This course is based on standard EUCLID methodology. Students may refer to the following resources:
Academic Guidelines (HQ version)
Academic Guidelines (most recent version even if unofficial)
Student Orientation Guidelines (most recent version even if unofficial)
Zotero instructions for EUCLID students
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the names and features of the most popular/commonly used e-learning tools
- Write academic papers discussing the pros and cons of various technologies/e-learning tools
- Discuss the types of modules and interactive options available
- Analyze an existing course so as to provide suggestions for improvements
- Develop from scratch a basic online course with the tool of his/her choice.
Course material is provided in the form of embedded videos and downloadable PDFs.