EC-300: Early Church Studies
This course offers a review of early Christian topics, with an attempt to offer a balanced perspective and acknowledge both uniformity and diversity during the first centuries of Christianity. Topics include:
- themes and doctrine in major early church figures
- Hebrew/Jewish Christianity as contrasted with Latin, Greek and otherwise post Hebrew/Jewish Christianity
- Major figures
- Early Christian attitudes on lifestyle issues
- Debates and controversies in Early Christianity.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- identify major figures and works in Early Christianity
- identify major theological themes in Early Christianity
- identify major groups and associated controversies in Early Christianity
- discuss major primary and secondary sources.